قديم 06-03-02, 09:51 pm   رقم المشاركة : 6
أحمد العبدالله
عضو محترف

معلومات إضافية
  النقاط : 10
  المستوى :
  الحالة : أحمد العبدالله غير متواجد حالياً
Excuse me

Excuse me my dear because I didn't notice your reply and I appreciate highly your remark.

My dear, as to the sentence : He was absorbed in his work. you said that it is a mistake to say that , in fact I don't agree with you that it is a mistake and you can check any book of English Usage or send a message to any English site , at the same time I doubt the correctness of the sentence : He is absorbed in work.
Besides, the sentence : (He is absorbed in his work) is exactly taken from that book mentioned in the lesson and the author of that book is a famous British author.

For these reasons, I think it is not a mistake but you can say it is commoner to say absorbed in work ( supposing that it is coorect). And by the way I'd like to draw your attention to what I think are mistakes :

1- you said :"I observed that you fell in a mistake" I think this is a literal translation from Arabic because in English they say you made a mistake or you did a mistake.
2- you said: " The words like work, bed and home is alike " and I think you should have said ( are alike) because the subject is plural.
3- you said:"Remember this wise" I think you wanted to say wisdom , even if you use the word wisdom I think it is not correct ,but the correct word is "saying"

* My dear Lion Heart I ask you not to think of my corrections to be a kind of revenge, no my dear, please think of them as a sign of cooperation between us.

thank you very much for your remark and I wish you good luck.

with the compliments of your brother
Ahmad

التوقيع

كم صرفتنا يد كنا نصرفها وبات يملكنا شعب ملكناه